Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Finding the Right House - Part IV: Realtor time

In early November, after we got a feel for the new construction in the area, we decided to enlist the help of Realtor Mary Ronan.

We scheduled an appointment to check out the listings I found in Woodstock on Realtor.com. She scheduled a viewing for a couple days later.

After she learned what we were looking for, she did a search on the MLS system.

Later the next day, she e-mailed us a list of 24 houses. Truth be told... I hated them all! In the afternoon she sent us another set of 21 properties to check out. I looked through them and none were appealing to me. When I got to the last one I stopped. It was a house in Cary. There was no picture included (which would normally mean I'd skip it and go to the next one... I'm very against imageless listings) but the description of the property on the listing was enough to pique my interest. After all, since we were already seeing 2 properties in Woodstock, another property in Cary (which we go through on the way home anyway) wasn't that big of a deal.

Back to Part III --- On to Part V


© Copyright 2003-2008 Craig Miller All Rights Reserved