Friday, November 2, 2007

The Golden Compass

I got a 'forwarded' e-mail from an acquaintance the other day...

Dear Friends, (PASS THIS ALONG TO EVEN GRANDPARENTS AND THOSE WHO DON'T HAVE KIDS!!! LET'S PULL TOGETHER AND PRAY GOD GETS THE GLORY THROUGH THIS EVIL ACT!! Satan will use your children to do evil in this world. Pray for them!!! DAILY!!!

You may already know about the kids movie coming out in December starring Nicole Kidman. It's called The Golden Compass, and while it will be a watered down version, it is based on a series of children's books about killing God. (It is the anti-Narnia.) Please follow this link and t hen pass it on. From what I understand, the hope is to get a lot of kids to see the movie - which won't seem too bad - and then get the parents to buy the books for their kids for Christmas. The quotes from the author sum it all up. I hope it totally bombs because we were all paying attention!

i checked out the snopes site, and it confirmed the facts in the email below.

PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW AND READ THE ARTICLE....IF YOU HAVE A HEART FOR GOD YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO IGNORE THIS EMAIL.
I read the snopes article and this is definitely worth passing around. It’s very disturbing. I think it is well worth spreading. Read the link below
http://snopes.com/politics/religion/compass.asp


Fuck those fucking fuckers! :)

Anyone who really knows me knows that I'm of the mind... "If it pisses off the Church, I've gotta check it out!"

I loved Dogma, I love Harry Potter and I love South Park... the three most recent things that pissed off the church that come to my mind without having to do any research to find more.

It was inevitable that I was going to give "The Golden Compass" a try. I purchased this book from audible.com today and I'm a 1/2 hour into it. (I didn't buy books 2 & 3 till I see if I like book 1.) I'll be sure to let you know what I think of it.

In the meantime, I went to the movies website and answered the 20 questions honestly and this is what it came up with...



© Copyright 2003-2008 Craig Miller All Rights Reserved