Thursday, April 10, 2008

Good Bye Blazer...



I wish I could say that the 5 1/2 years we spent together was good but I really can't. I loved you for your 4 wheel drive. I loved you for your raw power (back when gas was under $2 a gallon) and I loved you for how comfortable I was in it.

Then the problems began...

June 03: $ 900 - Transmission issue in Florida (I fell out of love quickly)
? 2004: $ 800 - Electrical/computer Issue
May 07: $1600 - Transmission
Sept 07: $ 200 - Driver's Side Door sagging (front door hinge pins)
Sept 07: $ 30 - Fix Rear View Mirror
Jan 08: $1000 - Wheel bearings n shit.
Feb 08: $ 400 - water pump

And that's only the shit I can remember off of the top of my head... and does NOT include normal maintenance like... front & rear brakes, rotors, battery, 4 tires, alternator, starter, etc.

OR the shit that broke that I didn't fix... Odometer, Gas Gauge, Rear Wiper, A/C, Driver Side Mirror Cover, Passenger Side Mirror Cover, Sunglasses console button, misc climate control dash lights, etc.

OR the repairs that should have been coming in the remainder of Spring 2008... idler arms, pitman arms, Front Brakes (again), rotors, Tune Up, Repair 4WD system, Radiator, what ever else I can't remember.

As it turns out the 1999-2001 models are plagued with problems...

http://www.carsurvey.org/modelyear_Chevrolet_Blazer_1999.html

So, with that dear Blazer, I hope you are gutted for the few good remaining parts (probably 3) and scrapped to the junk heap so you do not cause another person the grief I've suffered.

End of Line.


© Copyright 2003-2008 Craig Miller All Rights Reserved