Friday, April 2, 2004

Leo Laporte leaves TechTV!!

This explains why yesterday's & today's Call For Help were reruns and why it's not on the schedule for the upcoming week.

Here are a few quotes from him from his Message Boards...

My contract runs out at midnight and due to lack of agreement on one small - but critical - piece of the new contract, I am no longer working for TechTV.

All the parties are hoping to resolve this soon. I'll keep you posted.
here.

Just to further clarify, these negotiations are with the current owner of TechTV, Vulcan Ventures.

I have not yet spoken to anyone at G4 or Comcast. They would have to invite me to be a part of the new channel no matter what happened with Vulcan anyway. So basically all that's being negotiated right now is what happens in the six weeks or so before the sale closes.

I have no idea whether G4 is interested in me or not but I plan to contact them on Monday and try to find out!
here.


On the plus side there is no rancor at all in these negotiations. I love TechTV and I think it safe to say they love me. We both really want to make this work and the contractual stuff is just a little tricky because of the sale. There's no estrangement here at all.
here.


This REALLY sucks!! If watching TechTV for over 2 years has taught me anything it's that Leo IS TechTV!!! If it weren't for his charm, wit, and knowledge, I would never have become a daily viewer.

Hopefully this shit won't last too long, I'm not sure I can handle the Leo withdrawal!


© Copyright 2003-2008 Craig Miller All Rights Reserved