Thursday, May 1, 2008

Gas Mileage

After perusing a couple Nissan forums I've read some tips on how to great the best gas mileage out of my new Sentra.

According to the sticker I should be getting...

City: 25
Highway: 33
Average: 28

I'm going to strive to get as much out of the car as I can. The Sentra has a built in computer that calculates the average MPG based on your driving. You can reset this at any point so you can calculate certain legs of your trip if you want to.

After filling up ($50) this morning I reset the AVG MPG and drove to work. Roughly 17 miles.

Here's that trip...

Obviously the less you gun it, the better mileage you'll get. But you can also gain more MPG if you try to keep the RPM's lower than you normally do. I try to keep my RPM's under 3,000 in a normal commute (parts fast [highway] parts stop & go [city])

Periodically I will post some images via my iPhone to show how well I can do.

We're near $4.00 a gallon here and that SUCKS!!


© Copyright 2003-2008 Craig Miller All Rights Reserved