Saturday, October 18, 2003

Trip Report Day #5

Epcot
Dinner Reservations: Mitsukoshi
Weather: Mid 80's

We spent the entire day at Epcot. (My favorite) It was really nice since we were able to take our time through World Showcase! (no kids)

I was really pleased to see "American Adventure" since I've never seen it before and the fact that we saw behind the scenes yesterday.

We ate at the Mitsukoshi Teppan Yaki Dining Room which is located in Japan. The food was decent but I was disappointed on several levels. 1. No fire, 2. No Fried Rice (I can't even believe that one!), 3. crappy sauce (it was ginger/soy and some mustard concoction, 4. No Teriyaki Sauce

The highlight of the evening was the Illuminations Fireworks Cruise. This is a VERY difficult reservation to get. Only 5 pontoon boats plus the Breathless (a reproduction of a 1930's ChrisCraft Runabout) per night can do this! That means that there are only 6 boats available each day. You can see why they go fast!!

I busted my ass for this reservation. It requires calling Disney Recreation as soon as they open exactly 90 days in advance for the date you want. If you call at 7:01am (Eastern) you're already too late! My calling began at 5:55am (local) and you have to redial, redial, redial, until the "our office is currently closed" message changes to "press 1 for this and 2 for that" then press the number for Recreation and wait on hold for a Cast Member. You can do all of that... and if 5 other people did it faster, they win, you lose. I called for the 16th, no luck... The next day I woke up early again and I called for the 17th, no luck... Finally, the third time was a charm. There are so many people who don't get the reservation that there are Disney fan sites that let you get in touch with others who do have reservations so they can share boats with you!

So, we didn't get to do it on our Anniversary but it was Sweetest Day (we got married on Sweetest Day) so that was nice too.

After the Illuminations cruise we were dropped back off at the Boardwalk Dock. We strolled down the boardwalk hand in hand heading for Jellyrolls. Jellyrolls is a bar with dueling piano players. We drank and watched the pianists do their stuff.

Tomorrow we're back home after a morning at Magic Kingdom. I'll update tomorrow night!


© Copyright 2003-2008 Craig Miller All Rights Reserved