Friday, June 29, 2007

The day of the iPhone...

8:10am: On my way to work. 3 People setup outside the AT&T Store in Arlington Heights. Just under 10 hours to go. (fuckin' A! this ain't PS3!)

2:40pm: After lunch at Panera with Valerie, I took the long way back to the office. 18 people in line. 3h 20m to go.

7:40pm: iPhone +1h 40m, 28 people in line (outside the store) no idea how many inside.

9:55pm: Phone call to Apple store in Woodfield (open till midnight)...

Apple: "I can't tell you how many there are in stock."

Me: "Well if I leave now it will take me 40 minutes to get there. Will there be an iPhone left for me?"

Apple: "Let me put it this way... there's NO ONE IN THE STORE right now!

Seems they have plenty in stock!

Do I want an iPhone?

After watching this, this, this, this, and these, I really can't see how ANYONE wouldn't want one!

Hopefully I can resist temptation till version 2 (3G, flash, java, 40+GB) but the UMF is strong with this one and I've been drinking deeply of the kool-aid.

Update: Saturday 4pm... Woodfield still has 'em. It's been reported that most Apple stores got well over 1,000 of them for Friday's launch and flagship stores over 5,000, with the "Cube" (5th Ave, NYC) store having between 7,000-8,000!! So much for a shortage!


© Copyright 2003-2008 Craig Miller All Rights Reserved