Thursday, June 14, 2007

"Gravedancers"

A heartfelt Irish wake for an old friend accidentally awakens three ghosts -- a rapist, an ax murderer and a pint-sized pyromaniac -- who wreak havoc on the drunken revelers who danced on their graves (Dominic Purcell, Josie Maran, Marcus Thomas and Clare Kramer). Tchéky Karyo and Megahn Perry co-star in this horrific tale of cause and effect from director Mike Mendez (The Convent).


The 3rd of the 8 Films to Die For I've seen and my favorite so far. It was nice to see Clare Kramer in something other than Buffy (I didn't even recognize her at first) and of course Dominic Purcell (Prison Break) is excellent as usual. I went into this (and all 8) knowing very little. I hadn't watched previews and I didn't read the Netflix description of the movie so I had no expectations other than the general "8 to Die For" hype. While I loved the movie, I don't see why it was "too graphic" or "too scary" for a general release.

Buy it here.


© Copyright 2003-2008 Craig Miller All Rights Reserved