Thursday, January 25, 2007

The death of PS2...

A long time ago (October 26, 2000) in a galaxy far far away (the Target in Palatine, IL) a great adventure took place.

Dave and I stood outside in the parking lot with about 48 other people waiting in line to be among the first to get their hands on a PlayStation 2. Why about 50 people? I don't know... since they only had around 32 units.

That PS2 has served me and my kids very well over the years and I'm sad to report that it died an untimely death yesterday evening.

It lived 2281 days. A mere 14 cents or so a day with tax. Actually when you consider the profit I made on selling the 2nd one I bought it was basically free.

I couldn't tell you how many hours of use it had in the last 6 years but I'm certain it was in the thousands of hours.

What do I do now? Nick just got Guitar Hero I & II and Alyssa just got DDR for X-mas. I guess I'll have to buy another PS2. It's only $129 now. But another part of me says to use that $129 and put it towards a PS3. But I have no idea how will PS2 games work on PS3.

Decisions... Decisions...


© Copyright 2003-2008 Craig Miller All Rights Reserved