Sunday, January 28, 2007

Woo Woo!

Once again, keeping the theme of It's amazing what I'll watch only because it's in HD! alive... Last night I watched a movie I've never seen before...

Hard Target

No, it doesn't have anything to do with how hard it is to return things at Target if you don't have your receipt.

Hard Target is a John Woo movie, his first American movie if I'm not mistaken. It stars mullet sporting Jean-Claude Van Damme.

Among the bad guys are the Mummy's Arnold Vosloo and the always lovable Lance Henriksen, this is Henricksen after Bishop but before Frank Black. And this was 1993... back when Van Damme's movies actually made it to the theaters!

The movie is very "John Woo"... lots of gunfire, lots of slow-mo, lots of explosions, lots of doves!

There's a lot of unsafe gun handling to be seen and while Woo goes out of his way to make 'unlimited ammo' a little more realistic, the odds are really bad that EVERYONE would be carrying a 9mm Beretta and all you have to do is grab full magazines off of the dead guys.

I must warn you though... this movie's got something REALLY DISTURBING!!!

Wilford Brimley with a really, really, really bad French accent! I MEAN REALLY BAD!

Anyway... It's a fun popcorn movie... I'm sure it's going to be on HBO again... if you haven't seen it, check it out.


© Copyright 2003-2008 Craig Miller All Rights Reserved