Sunday, January 28, 2007

A new PS2 and some Guitar Hero...

Follwing up on, The Death of PS2, We ended up getting the kids (and me) a new PS2 at Best Buy yesterday.

After I hooked it up, I put in Guitar Hero 2.

"Surrender" in medium mode was seriously breaking my balls! I got like 80% on the first try! The second time, I got 92% so at least I'm improving!

I've also officially determined that there is absolutely no way in hell that I will EVER be able to finish a song in Expert! Even hard is HARD for me... but I did finish my 1st song in hard... "I Love Rock & Roll" from Guitar Hero 1.

My favorite so far is "Sweet Child of Mine"(GH2) in Medium mode. I can get scores in the mid 90's.

I also really like "More Than a Feeling" (GH1)

The kids are getting better and better at it! In fact they're playing it right now... Alyssa's jamming with "Smoke on the Water" in Medium.

With both the GH1 & GH2 bundles, dualing guitars makes a fun game even MORE fun! Instead of waiting for your turn you can either play cooperatively (one gets lead the other gets bass or rhythm), share a song, or Pro Face-off Mode in which you're playing the same parts and see who has more points in the end.

It's a really fun "game"... my Best Buy has it setup on a big LCD tv so anyone can try it... maybe yours does too.


© Copyright 2003-2008 Craig Miller All Rights Reserved