Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A response from the Embassy....

About an hour ago I received my first response from the Hilton Rant letter I sent out....

I received your letter and I can empathize with you. I too would be very disappointed in the fashion this all took place. Too soften the trouble that we have caused you, our hotel has prepaid for 2 nights at the Hampton Inn that you are booked at. Your only responsibility will be for the 3rd night you have booked. I have spoken with Deb Benhoff, the Hampton Inn GM, and she is going to make the billing arrangements.

I again apologize and if I can further assist you, please do not hesitate to contact me at the numbers listed below.

Frank Phair
General Manager
Embassy Suites St. Louis Downtown


Wow... My rant saved me $300! I think I'm going to re-extend the stay to 4 nights now... so we don't have to leave Friday morning at 3am. It will be easier to leave mid-morning on Thursday and take our sweet time!

EDIT: I booked that Thursday night... not only is it less expensive than the Fri/Sat/Sun rates, but with their "St. Louis Gateway Arch Family Getaway" package, we'll four tickets to the tram at the Gateway Arch & four tickets to the "Great American West" IMAX movie. (That would cost us over $50)


© Copyright 2003-2008 Craig Miller All Rights Reserved