Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Apps on the horizon...

There are apps that I'm currently keeping tabs on (price, updates, reviews, etc.) that I haven't purchased yet.

Since day -1 I've been looking at getting a Planetarium app.

It's interesting that all 4 are in different categories...

Reference: iAstronomica - $8.99 (I noticed that their price is reduced from their opening day price of $19.99)
Education: Starmap - $11.99
Navigation: GoSkyWatch Planetarium - $9.99
Entertainment: Astronomer - $1.99 (programmer says "Don't bother buying this one")

I'm leaning towards GoSkyWatch Planetarium but one of the biggest things I HATE about the app store is that the VAST majority of apps have no "demo" or "lite" version to 'try before you buy'

There are also some apps out there that I'm interested in but the current price is too high...
Spore Origins $9.99
Asphalt 4: Elite Racing $9.99
Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 3D $9.99
Tetris $7.99
Bejeweled 2 $7.99 (down from $9.99)
Scrabble $9.99

And of course I'm (we all are) waiting for the KILLER APP to appear. SlingPlayer!! I will buy it no matter the price. It looks like they've charged around $29.99 for mobile versions of it for other platforms, that will likely be the most expensive app I ever buy in the app store!

I will also recommend that if new iPhone/Touch users see something for free in the app store that they could be even the slightest bit interested in, get it. (You can always delete it later)

You never know when free app developers will start charging for them (Seismometer, whip, etc.) or if they get pulled off of the store completely (PhoneSaber, iPint, Tris, etc.)


© Copyright 2003-2008 Craig Miller All Rights Reserved