Wednesday, September 10, 2008

New App Needed!!

Last month whilst at my Gun Club I found a need for a new app. Let's call it "Shot Timer" it will be an iPhone only app as it would require the mic.

Basically, it would be similar to Apple's "stopwatch" and use the iPhone's mic to hear the gun shots and automatically record the times for "shot 1", "shot 2" etc. just like it records "lap 1", "lap 2" etc. when you touch 'Lap'. Obviously the large numbers at the top would be the overall time elapsed... not the next 'lap' like it's setup now.

I would need a mic sensitivity setting so I could fine tune it. It would need to keep at least 10 sets of data (I need the ability to name each set) and be able to e-mail them off easily.

It would need to have a few modes...

Timer starts at the first gun shot
Timer starts at the tone (customizable sound of course)
Fixed timer countdown... (You have xx seconds to shoot your xx shots in)

I would not need it for competition, just informal target shooting so timing to the 1/10th of a second would work. (but I certainly wouldn't say no to the 1/100th)

Do we have any programmers/shooters out there that wanna give it a try?


© Copyright 2003-2008 Craig Miller All Rights Reserved