Friday, February 20, 2004

The iPod Mini is available today

My dad bought my mom a shitty MP3 player for christmas (Why he didn't ask me for my opinion before he bought one of the lowest rated players ever sold, I will never understand!!!) and after he got her a new PC for her birthday, I helped him set it up. Once I realized how crappy the MP3 player was, I had to point out that my advice to anyone about to spend over $100 on an MP3 player is to look closely at the $250 iPod Mini. After giving her my official advice (see below) and showing her the iPod Mini website he decided she wanted one.


When she was ready to buy she noticed that there was only a $50 difference between the 4GB $250 iPod Mini (1000 songs) and the 15GB $299 iPod (3700 songs). Wow... that's a lot more space for only $50. This is was a common complaint made after Steve Jobs introduced the iPod Mini at MacWorld in January. I personally think the iPod Mini should be priced $150-$200.

Anyway... I explained to her that it was a good idea to spend the extra $50 for roughly 2700 more songs and she agreed. She bought the 15GB iPod on Monday at our local Apple Store.
Score one for the good guys!


© Copyright 2003-2008 Craig Miller All Rights Reserved