Tuesday, February 10, 2004

It's Official.... STAR WARS will be on DVD in September!!

"The most requested films for the DVD format will finally become a reality this September as Lucasfilm Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox present the eagerly-awaited Star Wars Trilogy for the ultimate home entertainment format. The four-disc collection will be released on September 21"

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iv/news/2004/02/news20040210.html

I'd be surprised but strong rumors at The Digital Bits told us this announcement was coming. This is great news though. It's about damn time! I've read that this set will only include the 1997 versions. I guess Lucas wants to rewrite history for an entire generation of fans! That sucks!

The good news is that my kids can finally see the original Star Wars movies. I haven't allowed them to watch the trilogy because I don't want them to watch it from tape in pan & scan. It's important to me that they see it in widescreen and 5.1 sound. I'd like them to see the originals but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen any time soon.


© Copyright 2003-2008 Craig Miller All Rights Reserved